Skip to main content
Skip to main content.

Finish a Custody Case

There are many more forms that you must complete and file before your case is finalized. The Court will not contact you. You may proceed with your case in one of three different ways: Default, Uncontested or by Trial. You must choose the correct option. If you are not sure which option to choose to correctly finalize your case, you may contact a lawyer or the Self-Help Center / Family Law Facilitator Office.

Choose one of the following to finalize your case:

  • Default Instructions
    If no Response (either FL-220 or FL-270) was filed by the Respondent and there is no agreement or participation from the Respondent, then you may proceed by default and request to obtain the orders requested in the Petition you filed (either FL-200 or FL-260).
  • Uncontested Instructions
    Regardless of whether a Response was filed by the Respondent, you may proceed as an uncontested matter if both parties agree to everything and both sign a notarized Settlement Agreement or Stipulated Judgment that conforms to public policy and contains your agreement on all the issues including but not limited to child custody, visitation and child support.
  • Trial Instructions
    If a Response was filed by the Respondent and you and the other party do not agree on all the issues, then you may request a trial date for the judge to decide the issues in your case

Was this helpful?

This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.