Skip to main content
Skip to main content.

New Court Collections Firm.

The Court has retained the firm Linebarger Goggan Blair & Sampson to assist the Court in collecting past due fines and fees. Please follow the link for more information.

New Hearing Reminder Service.

Subscribe to receive electronic notifications about upcoming court dates on non-confidential case types. Please follow the link for additional details or to create an account.

Access Court Records Online.

The San Luis Obispo County Superior Court launched re:SearchCA, a web-based platform that grants registered users remote access to public court records and documents. Please follow the link to register or sign in with your eFileCalifornia account.

Court Reporters

Official court reporters for San Luis Obispo County Superior Court provide the verbatim record of court proceedings in felony criminal and juvenile delinquency and dependency cases as provided by statute and/or local court rule.  Please refer to the Court Reporter Coverage section below for information regarding court reporter coverage in family law and civil matters.

To be employed by the Superior Court, a court reporter must possess a valid Certified Shorthand Reporters (CSR) license, which is granted to successful candidates who pass the examination administered by the Department of Consumer Affairs of the State of California.

Court Reporter Coverage

The Court will provide an Official Court Reporter to in forma pauperis litigants in civil and family law matters upon request for the following types of hearings: family law trials, family support hearings, family law requests for order, hearings on requests for civil or family law restraining orders, unlimited jurisdiction civil trials, civil law and motion, probate, conservatorships, guardianships, and mental health proceedings.

In order to be eligible for a court reporter, the litigant must have an order granting a fee waiver on file in the case.  In matters that do not require a filing fee, such as requests for civil or family law restraining orders, a party who is eligible for a waiver of fees must file a Request to Waive Court Fees.

The party requesting a court reporter must file and serve the request no later than seven (7) days prior to the scheduled hearing, with notice to all parties. A failure to file a timely request may be considered a waiver of a court reporter for the scheduled hearing.

If you are not eligible for a fee waiver and wish your matter to be reported, you must hire a reporter privately and are responsible for all fees and costs related to the reporting services.

Court Reporter Notice & Request Form

Purchasing a Transcript

When purchasing a transcript, the person or party is contracting with an individual court reporter for the actual transcript of the proceedings, pursuant to Government Code Section 69950.  Transcript costs are governed by the code and all arrangements for preparation, delivery and payment of transcript are between the requesting party and the individual court reporter.  Official court reporters may be contacted directly by telephone or by email as indicated on the list below.

Attorneys or private citizens who have a need for the written record of a public court proceeding may purchase a transcript directly from the court reporter who reported the hearing.  The interested party should personally contact the court reporter and make arrangements for the preparation of the transcript.  The following information will be required before a transcript can be prepared:

  1. Case number
  2. Case name
  3. Date(s) of hearing
  4. Name of the judge or courtroom in which the hearing was held
  5. Please specify if you are requesting the entire hearing, or a specific portion of the transcript.

Transcript Request Form

The name of the court reporter who reported the hearing can be found on the Case Summary for that hearing, which is prepared by the courtroom clerk. If you are unable to locate the court reporter's name, contact the Transcript Request Line (805) 706-3605 and your call will be returned with further information. You may view or purchase a copy of the Case Summary at the clerk’s office during regular office hours (8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.).  You may contact the court reporter directly by telephone, email, or fill out a “Request for Transcript” form, which is available in the clerk’s office or may be downloaded from this site.

Transcripts are purchased on a per-page basis, as governed by Government Code Section 69950.  The court reporter will contact you with an estimate of the cost of the transcript.  The court reporter will not release the transcript until payment has been received.

Contacting an Official Court Reporter

Name Phone
Anna Hernandez
Supervising Court Reporter
(805) 706-3605
Cassie Frasher (805) 706-3605
Kathryn Kelley (805) 706-3605
Natalie Heidick (805) 706-3605
Bonnie Alphin (805) 706-3605
Christina Schwandt (805) 706-3605
Aubrey Christensen (805) 706-3605
Jodi Hale (805) 706-3605
Shannon Wilson (805) 706-3605
Sirena Ulibarri (805) 706-3605

Request for Juvenile Transcript

All transcript requests for juvenile hearings must complete the "Application for Transcripts of Juvenile hearings" below.  Submit the completed application to the courtroom clerk or the clerk’s office at Juvenile Services Center or in Room 220 at the San Luis Obispo Criminal Branch or the Paso Robles Branch.  Upon approval by the Judge of the Juvenile court, you will be contacted with information regarding payments and transcript(s) preparation.

Transcripts of Juvenile Hearings Application

Was this helpful?

This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.