Online Case Filing
- Currently, Electronic filing is mandatory for all limited civil and probate case types. Exceptions may be granted upon request.
- E-Filing became mandatory January 1, 2017 for all civil case types: Unlimited, Limited, Small Claims, Probate and Guardianships, Family Law, Family Support, Adoption and Mental Health.
- Self-represented parties are exempt from the mandatory electronic filing requirement pursuant to California Rules of Court section 2.253(b)(2) but are encouraged to participate voluntarily in filing electronically.
- Civil case FAX filings are no longer accepted. Please use E-Filing.
- Fee waivers for filing fees (including e-filing fees) may be granted upon request.
- Pursuant to CRC 2.253(b)(7) E-Filings received prior to 11:59 P.M. on court days will be filed in as of that day. E-Filings received after 11:59 P.M. will be filed in as of the next court day.
- If you are trying to file into an existing but older case number and cannot find it in EFile, please email the case number and name with your issue at the link below and we will migrate the case into our new system. We will respond be email to let you know when it has been done. You will then be able to search the case and efile into it. Court case migration contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Criminal is now accepting E-filing for criminal Case types – subsequent filings only. E-filing is now more widely available for most criminal case types on subsequent filings. If a case already exists and has a case number, most filings are able to be accepted through e-file. For any questions or concerns, please contact the Criminal Operations Clerk’s office by email email@example.com or by calling 805-706-3600 and selecting option 3.
It is the responsibility of the party or their attorney to select the case type filing and to exclude or redact confidential information identified in California Rules of Court, rule 1.201. The court clerk will not review each pleading or other paper for compliance.
E-Filing Service Providers (EFSPs) currently serving this court